Saturday, July 28, 2012

Katchup

Been busy mostly with getting back in shape the last few months.  So not too much gaming going on but I'm going out for 6 miles runs and did 3 miles in 25 minutes the other day.

Last week and this week I did manage to get in Warhammer games.  Last week Keith played the Chaos Dwarves and I used the Orcs he used to use.  Orcs where losing numbers fast from the start but once combat started the CDs missed with all their attacks in the first round and then failed their most important leadership test (just don't roll over a 10).  This week however I used a fluffy all Orc list and was easily beaten by Warriors of Chaos.  Note-to-self: keep a better army in the car for when playing against a hard list.  For a few years now I've been focusing on models I like for WH and 40K instead of focusing on making hard lists.  Normally I can overcome the disadvantage but it seems to be getting harder and harder.




I picked up the new 40K book finally and hope to read it this weekend.  Hopefully my scout heavy Space Marines fair better in this edition but I'm guess it'll be about the same.  Seeing this new model however does make me want to play my old Orks again...



...but it would take a lot of work to fill out the Orks I have and make a playable army.  I haven't used them  in a few rule-books plus they are the first army I painted so they look very sub-par.

Anyways, I plan to head out to Crossroads again in another week.  Maybe I'll try to go on Wednesdays again when I can't make it on Fridays.



No comments:

Post a Comment