Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Tournament...List


Here it is.  I had to take a few things (like the Land Raider) because I wanted to avoid a comp penalty and I didn't have a ton of unit choices right now.  Not close to optimal for winning games but that'll make beating a over-optimized list that much better.

---

1500 Pts - Codex: Space Marines

HQ: Space Marine Captain in Terminator Armour (1#, 180 pts)
   1 Space Marine Captain in Terminator Armour, 180 pts = (base cost 140 + Thunder Hammer 20 + Storm Shield 10) + Digital Weapons 10

Elite: Terminator Squad (6#, 455 pts)
   4 Terminator Squad, 165 pts = 4 * 40 (base cost 40) + Heavy Flamer 5
      1 Sergeant, 40 pts
      1 Land Raider, 250 pts

Elite: Dreadnought (1#, 115 pts)
   1 Dreadnought, 115 pts = (base cost 105 + Heavy Flamer 10)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 240 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad - WHITE, 147 pts = 9 * 16 (base cost 16) + Sergeant 51
      1 Sergeant, 48 pts = (base cost 23) + Power Fist x1 25
      1 Razorback, 45 pts = (base cost 40 + Dozer Blade 5)

Troops: Tactical Squad (10#, 185 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad - RED, 157 pts = 9 * 16 (base cost 16) + Lascannon 10 + Sergeant 31
      1 Sergeant, 28 pts = (base cost 23 + Melta Bombs 5)

Troops: Scout Squad (10#, 170 pts)
   9 Scout Squad, 140 pts = 9 * 13 (base cost 13) + Heavy Bolter w/Hellfire Shells 10 + Sergeant 43
      1 Sergeant, 30 pts = (base cost 10 + Melta Bombs 5) + Power Weapon x1 15

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Storm (1#, 85 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Storm, 85 pts = (base cost 50) + Assault Cannon 35

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 70 pts)
   1 Predator, 70 pts = (base cost 60 + Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter 10)

---

Just need to build a dozer blade and hopefully you don't need to model digital weapons.


4 comments:

  1. No, you don't need to model digital weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall it's not bad really. Personally, and not sure you have the models/weapons, I'd make sure each Tact squad has the special and heavy weapon. I see one rocking a lascannon but that's it. I'd offer suggestions but again I'm not sure what you have available.

    Also, run that Razorback as a Rhino, assuming you have a storm bolter for it. The Razor forces you into combat squadding if you want to use the ride. Never a good plan in my book to be forced into a tactical choice like that. In a kill point scenario you'll want to be 10 strong and in a Rhino to make you that much harder to kill.

    Unrelated'ish, have you seen Command Center: http://cmdctr.net ? It's a program I built for list building. It's not like Army Builder, it's more of an online spreadsheet with some extra features. It will make working on your list, and presenting, a lot easier. For example, when I want to show a list, like this one for April, I just give them a link like this: http://cmdctr.net/lists/796

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The squads do have those options but Army Builder does not display those that are part of the standard build for the unit. I might take your advice about on the Rhino and might even change some points around to take a second one.

      I looked at Command Center but have not tried it yet. I'll likely play with it sometime this week when I'm not painting.

      Just in case I don't get the models all painted up the way I want I was looking at using my undead IG but the comp score would be awful:

      99th Regiment of the Dead

      HQ
      2 Primaris Psyker [Ghosts]
      3 Priests (2 w/ Evisorators) [Ghosts]

      Elite
      1 Psyker Battle Squad (10) w/Chimera [Ghosts]

      Troop
      5 Penal Legion Squads [Zombies & Skeletons]

      Fast
      1 Scout Sentinel
      1 Hellhound

      Heavy
      1 Leman Russ Battle Tank
      1 Leman Russ Demolisher

      Delete