Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I built the over the last week or two...

No painting over the last two weeks but I have finished building a few things:























Going clockwise-ish:

  • 1 Land Speeder w/ multi-melta
  • 1 Land Speeder Scout w/ assault cannon
  • 1 Land Speeder Typhoon w/ heavy bolter
  • 4 Scouts w/ sniper rifle
  • 4 Scouts w/ shotgun
  • 4 Scouts w/ cc weapon and pistol
  • 1 Scout w/ heavy bolter
  • 1 Scout Sergeant w/ power weapon and pistol
  • 1 Scout Sergeant w/ power fist and pistol (going to swap it to shotgun once I have another, that is why this one is not primed yet)
  • 1 Space Marine w/ plasma cannon
  • 1 objective marker w/ bits from the scout boxes

The Typhoon was another one of those models someone else wrecked but I was able to salvage with bits from other models.  I actually had to make it a Typhoon because it didn't even come with doors in the back.  It still needs some TLC in spots where the glue shows but now that it is primed I can clean those up easily.  The only thing I'm unhappy with is the objective marker which I over-primed by accident.  I really like the bits so hopefully it looks better once painted.

Now the Land Speeder Scout, I expect to get a number of comments about the fact that the assault cannon is the least effective choice out of the weapon options at 35 points but IT LOOKS SO COOL! Sure, it is giving away kill points just by taking it but at least it'll look good doing it.  (Or I hope it does, we'll see how the paint job goes.)  For now I'll be taking a 10 man Scout unit and break it up into two units of 5 if it is not a kill point scenario.  If it is a kill point game then I'll likely leave the 10 Scouts together and bring in the Land Speeder Scout by itself from reserve unless I see some advantage for doing otherwise.  If that goes well I'll maybe get another Land Speeder Scout and 5 more Scouts built...maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Magnets are your friend when it comes to weapon options.

    That's a lot of progress you've made. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete